Tuesday, December 14, 2010

SR Uber Wootin' Writers Blog #11 ~Kelli

Hey guys!


So with it being finals week here at Wartburg I have had a ton of extra (if you can say that) time to think and reflect. I have thought about what I am thankful for, how I have grown over the year, experiences I was able to have, and what college has taught me. The last one has nothing to do with the amazing academics Wartburg has, but the importance of a support system.

As many of you know I have basically been living on my own for many years now being in all my organizations and with my parents running the restaurant. This year is my first time officially on my own, but even though I am technically living alone I don’t feel like I have been alone ever since September 1 when I moved in. I have learned I will always have a group to support me in my Sheltered Reality performance, but since school has started I have only had continuous contact with two people. To make up for that I have found a core group of people here on campus who are always there for me no matter where they are, what time of day/night it is, or what is going on. These people have been able to keep me semi-sane through my first semester at school. They are there as a shoulder to cry on, which I have used often, been my twin, which I didn’t think was possible other than Alex and yes there is another guy like Alex!!!, and will color the night away and spend three hours in the Wal-mart toy section to distress. These guys are like another crazy family to add to my list of amazing people in my life, and I wouldn’t exchange them for the world!

Looking back at these times in the past four months makes me what to thank them somehow, but I’m just not positive how to go about doing it. As Christmas and New Year’s comes around think about who has helped you through some tough times and find a unique way to thank them for all they have done for you, whether you have known them for 52 years, or two days. Let them know how special they are to you, and that you wouldn’t change that for anything.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year if I don't see you!  And I can't wait to see some of you over my 23 days of break!  (Jovanna counted that not me, just so you know!!!)

5 comments:

  1. I'm not a math major! I'm not qualified to count anything, let alone days of break!!

    Kelli, I'm thankful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have definitely found my group of friends here in college that is always there for me. We spend endless hours together and never get sick of each other. I am definitely enjoying living on my own...but I agree it does get kind of lonely.

    I am very thankful for every single one of my friends and teachers. I could not have made it as far as I have without you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have a group of friends that i can rely on, we have been really close since freshman year. But there is always that one friend that is always there. If there is a rough time, she was there for me and vice versa. I love her dearly and would never ever change her for anything.
    I also have another friend who hasnt been around as long but i talk to him about anything. I love them both :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man I have been on here in for ever.. -___-
    I have one friend at my school that is always there for me and vice versa. We hang out a lot and it seems like we laugh about something that isnt even funny.. :D but she is always there for me and she would never tells anyone anything we talk about, just like I do. Most of my other friends at school have there own problems so they really don't want to hear anything else.

    I'm thankful for a lot of people. One day I started making a list and I'm still not done. I'm on the 3rd page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you've found such a cool group of friends, Kelli! I've been worrying about getting new friends next year at... The University of Minnesota! It's such a big place...

    My friends and I have had a lot of ups and downs. One friend went through a bout of homelessness, living with her dad's friend. On friends brother has been battling depression. (I'm glad to say he seems to be doing much better!) Some of us have fought a lot. Some have grown closer, others more distant as they struggle. I still love them all though, and I'll always count them amongst my favorite people!

    ReplyDelete