Friday, November 26, 2010

~SR Uber Wootin’ Writers Blog #10- Kristen~

In honor of Thanksgiving...here is a post about giving thanks!

Most of us have been with family over the past few days (for me...a week...). With family comes LOADS of great food and family fun. In my family, I get the privilege each year to enjoy 2 Thanksgiving meals with 2 amazing parts of my family. Every day I take the time to thank God for the family I am blessed with. I thank God for the food that we have to eat that many others don't have. And last but not least I thank God for this wonderful SR family that I have been blessed with. Without all of you....my life would not be the same.

 Just because it is Thanksgiving time and you are told to give thanks, doesn't mean it is the ONLY time to give thanks. Give thanks each and every day. Going back to the comment Kelli posted a couple weeks ago....it is the simple little things like receiving a note from an anonymous person saying "thanks for this" are what matters most.

I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving....now....it's time for Christmas!!!!!!!! :)

7 comments:

  1. My family came in from North Carolina and we all ate together. After we ate we all just kinda sat around and talked catching up with each other and just having fun. Then yesterday we went again and it was my grandmas birthday so we got her a tv. Now my uncle hooked it up and stuff so we brought the movies and we watched two of them. Well only the first part of one then another movie all the way through. We had fun laughed alot and then when it was over my slightly more muscled and quite a bit taller guy cousin got into a tickle wrestling match....oh man that was amusing lol. But in the end we said our goodbyes and went home. It was nice to see them and get the whole family together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanksgiving was pretty fun. My dad came up from Georgia, so that was cool and my uncle, all the sisters,my grandma's boyfriend all came over. After everyone was done eatting my uncles friend Tom came over with his wife and daughter. Shortly after all that we started to play a game called Things. Almost everyone played except 2 or 3? But I haven't laughed so much in awhile. That game is so fun and it got all of us together. One thing I found out on Thanksgiving is that all of my sisters watch Glee and love it! That's like the only thing we all have incommon. lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our thanksgiving was quiet. Usually we go over to my uncle's house or they come to ours. This year it was just my immediate family. It's been a good break from school, but (dare I say it) I think I'm ready to go back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen- :D I'm definitely a Gleek!! :D This season has been interesting but good! :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh! I missed a blog post!

    My Thanksgiving was just my mom, dad, and brother. We spent a while watching Mythbusters, too.

    ReplyDelete