Monday, November 8, 2010

Pink Stuff

Hey all!  Finally it is time to get something up on the blog again...have some free time today before our show tonight...for rabbits, guinea pigs, and their caretakers...should be interesting!  We had a great day in a very small town yesterday (Ridgeland, WI...population 245)...where Sue Lewan has her first pastor job (at 2 churches...one in Ridgeland and one in Prairie Farm)...among many people who heard SR for the first time yesterday and were very moved by it...Kelli found a second Amanda in the world...(Yes, Amanda Maser, there are TWO of you out there!)...I had to teach how to play SOFT in the church since it was the 2nd smallest performance space we have ever been in...and PINK STUFF became my favorite dessert of all time!  YUMMY!

With that said, I will ask Kelli to post the story about Amanda 2...to show you all how God truly does use SR in ways we simply never expect...so you can look forward to her version of the story since she has more details than I do...and a new friend.  You will love that story...whenever she has a free moment to get it up here.

From me...by VERY popular demand...the recipe for PINK STUFF.

1 small container cool whip
1 box instant vanilla pudding
1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
1 can cherry pie filling
3/4 cup cooked + cooled white rice

Mix all ingredients together.  If it is too dry, add a little pineapple or cherry juice.  It is beyond yummy...and very PINK...hence our new name for it.

Speaking of new names...Jovanna will have a new name sooner or later...mainly because (a) she thinks I never read facebook posts and (b) she decided that calling me STICK instead of STEVE is simply the funniest thing that has ever happened in her life.  Though, I must admit, I am proud to be part of the STICK family...including my cousins, Drum and Mission.  If NONE of this makes any sense to you at all...well not only am I sure she will have something to say about it all...but you will all meet more of the STICK family soon!!

More from me in the next 2.5 weeks before I take time off for some VERY READY FOR IT R + R.

16 comments:

  1. Ahh! Kelli was telling me about the Amanda 2. But.. I couldn't hear everything she was saying because it kept on breaking up.. So, I'm excited to hear it!! :D

    ... is this pink stuff better then Gobbs?? >_< lol. The Pink Stuff sounds interesting. I want to make some! ^.^ hmm.. I wonder if my Nutrition and Wellness class would make it!? That would be exciting!!!! :D We are making Pies this week. :)

    and I'm kind of confused with the Stick family thing.. but thats okay. I will understand sooner or later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, Pink Stuff is AMAZING!!!
    Steve-I told Jovanna to write that on your wall because I knew you would have time to read it today and you will now be Stick for us just like Pink Stuff will forever be Pink Stuff! Noone knows that mission stick is alive yet, because I am the only one who has seen it so far.
    Dee-Don't worry...the Stick family will make more sense as next year gets rolling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelli- okay. lol. I think I know but not 100 percent sure so yeah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Steve! I will make that sometime but for now caramels will have to do!!!!...:)
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, well most of it. But there was a huge creation/family building discussion during lunch yesterday...over some Pink Stuff none the less!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm i wanna try Pink Stuff now lol.....the Stick family, should i be worried? lol Oh well i guess i will just have to wait and fine out haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't forget, I had to play the Conga with you!

    I can't wait to hear Jovanna's new name!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I have the sudden urge to make Pink Stuff right now! But sadly I can't until I go grocery shopping...I can't wait to learn more about the Stick family!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stick! You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. If that was the absolute funniest thing that's ever happened in my life, I would have passed out on the ground from not being able to breathe from laughing so hard. Oh, trust me. When I get going, I can NOT breathe. Ask my roommate, lol. She's seen a few of those episodes... >.<

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to meet Mission Stick and the rest of the Stick family. Especially if they are anything like Drum Stick.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Angie!!

    Kelli- Gotcha. Can't wait to find out!!! :D

    I TOLD MY TEACHER ABOUT THE PINK STUFF AND AND AND!!!! SHE SAID WE WILL MOST LIKELY MAKE IT!!!! :D WOOT! Just saying ;))

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLLEEN!!!!!!!! :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. lol wow I didn't believe it when Kelli told me there was another Amanda. I can't believe it, but hey we all need to get here on here and in SR. She can take my place in SR. Well a few of you know this but lately I have really been missin home and I can't wait to see everyone again. I have heard about some of the changes that will be happening and I got to tell you I am really excited.


    I was suppose to post a blog like 2 weeks ago but I didnt have access to a computer so I couldn't post one so while I have a few minutes I will do that today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dee and Amanda- Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday, Colleen....Sorry I didn't know it was your bday!! :)

    ReplyDelete