Tuesday, February 22, 2011

~SR Uber Wootin' Writers Blog #15-Jovanna~

Heya, bloggers!

I know you're all thinking it. It's ABOUT TIME for a new post up here! So I must apologize for holding out for so long. It was difficult for me to come up with a topic, and when I finally settled on one, I was simply too busy to write up a post for you. Three days later, much has happened in my life and as a result, I have a new topic for you! So I shall save the old one for a later date.

Let me start out by telling you that I have been one big ball of stress since the weekend began, and it all originates with an essay I will be writing on Pi of all things. As I started my research, I realized that (1) I know nothing about Pi, (2) I'm not finding much scholarly information on the history of Pi, and (3) the paper is due next wednesday.

Anyone who has talked to me over the past few days knows that I was in major panic mode.

But God is good. All the time. He promises to always provide for us (Matthew 6:31-32) and give us peace in times of panic (John 14:27). Do we always believe these promises whole-heartedly, though? Yesterday, I did not. In my mind I told myself that God would never give me more than I can handle, and yet my heart did not believe it. I sank into a panic that only grew and grew and grew.

One verse, one prayer was impressed upon my mind throughout the day. "Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!" -- The cry of the father of the boy with the unclean spirit in Mark 9. He cried out in desperation after Jesus had announced that all was possible for those who believed. "Help my unbelief." What a God-honoring plea. This father knew that he could not believe without help from God. We only have to ask, and God will reach out to us.

We are utterly dependent on our Father, and I would have it no other way, for if every decision were left up to me, I would make the wrong ones. If my success depended on my own strength, I would not have it.

This afternoon, I received an email stating that my math paper's due date had been pushed back--and it was almost as if God had added His own post-script: DO NOT WORRY! I am in control!

Where do you need to hand control over to God in your life? What worries do you need to give to Him? What has He had a hand in lately that you need to thank Him for?

6 comments:

  1. First of all, Yay for a new post!!! Thank you Miss Jovanna! <3

    Where do I need to hand control over to God? Right now it would be this entire week. It's midterms week, and I actually had a breakdown last night because I'm trying to forgo everything on my own. I need to allow God take control and remember everything is in fact going to work out in the end.

    I continue to thank God for the opportunities that have been opened up to me this year through travel. God has also givin me a rock that I can go to who wants to help me succeed. The amazing friends I have here on campus are also God-sends to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many times we forget that God is always near. He will truly provide for what we need if we just remember to turn to him and Let Go and Let God. We have to remember he will walk with us every moment of the day.

    God is always there providing us with reminders of how he is there for us. The problem I find is I listen for "audible" messages when i need to look further and listen better. Sometimes we need to just be still.

    Here is something to think about when we have those stressful moments.

    Let Go And Let God
    Life is much richer since I know you
    What a marvelous God I serve
    You give us more than we deserve
    You are with us every night and day.

    Let go and let God have his way
    He's aware of all hardships we face
    God knows also the outcome of race
    Give your problems to Him as you pray.

    Life is hard but in Him we can be strong
    Put on the armour of God everyday
    Hand Him your cares as you pray
    Ask Him for deliverance all day long.

    Seek Him and you will find
    God is everywhere in sight
    So hang on to Him with all your might
    And just believe in your heart and mind.
    by Dorian Petersen Potter

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Let go and let God have his way"

    Amen. Not our will, but God's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jovanna! :)

    Well lately I have been stressed to the max and panicky...I was soo worried about my 3 tests that I had at the end of the week. I am also in the midst of pledging Sigma Alpha Iota [(SAI) a music fraternity)]. It is a lot of information to learn and I was doing very well until this week and everything fell apart. I didn't want to associate with people, I didn't want to eat, and I didn't want to fail my tests. I should have let God made my decisions for me this week. He would have chosen a smarter path for me than what I took.

    It seems like every time I comment on the blog, I am sick or injured. Yes, I am once again sick. Not the slightest clue as to what it is I have, but it's not fun...I will be going to a dr on Monday if I am not better by then.
    Have a good weekend/week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although I have not been on the blog for quite some time, I truly believe that God can help no matter what the circumstance.

    I myself have witnessed this firsthand. I was at school one day thinking about the past day and what had happened. Somone who I thought was my friend turned against me. I wasn't even talking at the time and he just blew up and blamed his lifes problems on me. But later when I talked to him I had learned that he was stressed because his grandfather was in the hospital. After about an hour of talking at school and another two through facebook I also learned about problems he had in childhood. Whenever he did somthing bad he was punished by his parents and later when he apoligised he was given hope that he didn't have to feel bad. But back to his grandfather the next day I saw him in class he looked awful in a since that a tragedy happened, and indeed one had. His father was killed in an accident. I felt bad for him but thats when God started to shine his light, he was called down to the office and received the news that his grandfather was ok. So I guess what Steve means by this post is exactly what he says "let God have control sometimes".

    P.s. The entire story is true but if you subtract the part about the father and the grandfather I am that kid from the story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHHHH I'm late to reply!

    Anyway, I need God to keep me sane because of school at least once per week when I'm getting all stressed out.

    ReplyDelete