Monday, December 28, 2009

Airline Scare

Last post for today as I need to get to Eau Claire for practice, but since I was not paying attention to the real world over the Christmas holiday, I am just SO excited to find out that a terrorist got a bomb onto a Northwest airlines flight from Amsterdam to Detroit...not that we fly that route in SR of course, but Delta/Northwest is our airline...SO, now on top of a crazy schedule, I have to go back to wondering about each person on the plane, on every flight AND deal with even longer waits in security which has been so much better in the last year...oh well...this just means LESS sleep on already short nights before flights.

Our world has way too much hate in it.  Plain and simple.

Prayers, since we have MANY flights coming up starting on Thursday.  AND PRAYERS for Kim Rathjen and her family...they are in Australia, where now, they will have to show up 4 hours before the flight home and have very limited carry-ons...from Steve to Kim...my prayers for you all to return home soon and safely!

6 comments:

  1. I read about the airline scares in the paper. It seems like every new rule they make addresses a scenario that already happened, instead of preventing potential ones in the future. Not how I would do it, but I guess it's better than nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonja,

    YOU ARE SO RIGHT! We seem unable to actually think proactively anymore; we just react...and then, not very thoroughly. Scary isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda has been telling me about the airlines while she was waiting for her layover on here quick trip back up here. I hadn't heard about this until you said something Steve! I'm glad I don't have any flights to worry about right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, did Amanda say anything about security being longer or more of a hassle?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve - thanks for ythe prayer thoughts. Security was pretty tight on the international flights. We went through security in Melbourne - flew on that flight which landed in Auckland, New Zealand walked through a secure area after disembarking (I love that word!)the plane and went through securty again - then a third time (full body pat down and every passenger's carry on luggage thoroughly searched) before boarding for the US bound flight. LAX was actually a breeze! It sounded like some people got through quickly (us) and others had to wait a long time - lots of people rushing to make flights and many delayed flights. My adivce, which you have probably already learned, is plan to be early! Safe travels. (I think I also read that some of the restrictions were being relaxed as of midnight last night.) ~Kim

    ReplyDelete