Monday, December 28, 2009

The first two followers...I am proud!

Kelli from Top of Iowa and Tonia from Minneapolis are the first two followers on here!  Congrats you two!  Special treats for you next time I see you!

Today's blog is about...winter travel.  I really do not like it...really, really do not like it!  Yesterday, my first 100 miles was on all ice-snow covered interstates...it is bad enough to drive on those...if all you have to worry about is you.  But, sadly, that is not the case.  And, the lesson to everyone reading this is...COMPASSION...we need compassion for each other in this world to make things work.  When people have blind disregard for their fellow travelers...either by going 70 miles per hour in the left lane, on SOLID ICE, and risk doing a 360 into the side of someone else's car...OR...you decide to drive 10 miles per hour in the right lane, forcing others onto ice to pass you...both cases you need to find some compassion for others!  Too fast = stay home.  Too slow = find another way to get to where you are going.

That first 100 miles was horrific yesterday, but some Whatever It Takes and a lot of Believe in God got me through it (and some great loud music).  Then, at the end of a stressful trip...I got to see 35 drummers and 50 more of their relatives all gathered for the Minneapolis Christmas party/new music jam session (which was so loud none of us heard the new music, oh well!)...and I got a great reminder just how many connections SR is making between people in the world...what a great, crazy, funny day...and thanks to you all!

We talked about the 2 new special Sheltered Reality mission projects for the first quarter yesterday...PLEASE do NOT post about them on here, as once those sites are reading this, I don't want to blow their surprise!  But anyhow, we had 2 great donations yesterday in Minneapolis...totalling $715.00...which certainly helps one of our special projects a great deal.  BLESSINGS to the 2 wonderful families who did this!

Anyhow, Kelli and Tonia...I am proud you guys got here first. 

Now, I must work...more later :)

3 comments:

  1. Steve, I don't drive yet but thanks for the tip I'll keep that in mind when i start driving.




    ~Angie~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't driven at all since we got snow in Minnesota. My dad is hesitant, and I'm not a great driver in regular conditions. I'm OK, but not great. They don't always plow the roads well, so even when my parents are driving I can feel the car slide a bit around turns. Maybe I'll start again this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I knew Kelli was going to be one of these people! :]]

    ReplyDelete