Tuesday, September 14, 2010

~SR Uber Wootin’ Writers Blog #5- Amanda~

Hey everyone!!! It's Amanda. Sorry I had to post this song like so bad. The lyrics are...lets just say amazing. A few of you I know you will know it. Steve is the one who showed me this song and ever since I have totally fallen in love with this song. This song is called Hold On, Be Strong by Maria Haukaas Storeng. Here are the lyrics, and do me a favor go on youtube or something and listen to the song.

Love can be hard sometimes,
yes it can catch you off guard like bad crimes
Yes, it can make you depressed and angry
make you say why me, why would anybody try me?



You might be saying ooh, I don't wanna' be lonely
Ooh, I don't wanna' be by myself.
Ooh, don't wanna' be lonely
Why ain't anybody loving me?
But there's always someone out there, who'll be there for you
There is always someone out there who will care for you
There's always someone out there who'll be true, true, true.
Hold on, hold on, be strong



Love can go away for ever if you're pushing
And you have to, remember; don't rush it
If you're thinking right it is wrong
And you'll be crying; why me, why won't anybody try me?




You might be saying ooh, I don't wanna' be lonely
Ooh, I don't wanna' be by myself.
Ooh, don't wanna' be lonely, no no
Why ain't anybody loving me?
Now but there's always someone out there, Who'll be there for you
And there is always someone out there who will care for you
There's always someone out there who'll be true, true, true.
Hold on, hold on, be strong




And yes, there's always someone out there,Who'll be there for you
And there is always someone out there who will care for you
There's always someone out there who'll be true, true, true.
Hold on, hold on, be strong.
Hold on, hold on be strong.
               My child hold on, hold on, be strong!






Okay so now after you read the lyrics. How do you think we can apply this to our lives?? What do you think the main message that Maria is trying to get across.






Sorry I went out of turn but I just had to post this. I think it could help more people then just me. I will post a link for a video with the lyrics on it in the comment box.

10 comments:

  1. Here is a link, since Amanda hasn't posted one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that stinks...it didn't post...let's try this again...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZeXpqJNnIs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg sorry my mind spaced right after I posted. Sorry!!!!! Thanks sis!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very dear song to me. Steve first introduced this to me last year (??). It reminds me of 2 things.

    First it reminds us that we need to Be Friends with others and not to push away people.

    Secondly (very importantly) tt always reminds me that no matter what is going on around me (events/people) I always have at least 1 "someone" out there that loves me and that I can go to. That is GOD!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im am back!!! man... School has been crazy... Homeowork in every subject(I have 7 classes) and quizs and tests like crazy. I dont have time to breathe anymore. But, then I thought "I need a break and do something I want to do" SO I figured I would go on the blog!! I miss it!

    Anyways, I LOVE this song. I remember I used to listen to it before I went to bed every night. and I agree with Angie 100 percent. When I listen to this song it reminds me that yes it can be hard at times but hold on and bre stong. and that there is always 1 person that is there for you even when you think there isnt.. Someone who cares and loves you..that is God.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. As most of us know there are times in our lives when we just don't know how were going to make it through the next hour let alone the next day. We all make mistakes, and I think this is one of those songs that will help you get through those rough moments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this song :) i agree with what everyone else has said already i couldn't have phrased it better :) on that note....i will get my post up as soon as me and dee get together long enough for her to teach me how lol :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the most powerful line of this song for me personally is 'there's always someone out there who'll be there for you.'

    It's just good to remember that you're not alone... haha, oh, gosh. I can't even say that without thinking about BWO. Well played.

    Anyway, today I had a grueling test that consisted of matching quotes to characters, went over literary terms, and at the end, there was an essay portion. 1 hr. 40 mins. I was freaking out before the test, had to try to remind myself that God was going to help calm me down if I let him, and, failing that, my room mate was going to smack me... which she did anyway. But hey, either way. There's always someone there to do what needs to be done, eh?

    ... I need to go start homework now. Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful song. I agree with all your thoughts, but the second verse reminds me of something one of my pastors always said: God's timing is perfect. Patience is not one of my virtues, so I have to tell myself that just about every day. Don't give up - God has everything under control.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agee Brenda. I mean each of us got something going on in our lifes. Sometimes its a good thing and sometimes it's a not a good thing. Weather it's a good thing like say school or a bad thing like having to move away from something you love. Either way we all have to Hold On, and Be Strong and pray that the bad moments will either pass or get solved. Either way we all (especially as SR members and being apart of SR) we have someone who will always be there for us and willing to help us through those hard times. I know I have been through a few rough moments and I really don't know what I would do without SR. In fact I owe many of you that read this blog a HUGE thanks and you know who you are. ;)

    ReplyDelete