Saturday, April 17, 2010

Member Of The Week: Rebekah Nauman!!

1.   Name: Rebekah Nauman 



2.   Age: 15

3.   Hometown AND State: Des Moines, Iowa

4.   Sheltered Reality Practice Site: Altoona/ Des Moines (Whichever works)

5.   How long have you been in the group? Just about 3 years.

6.   Do you have any pets? If so how many?
6!!! Two dogs, two cats, then I have a fish and my brother does too.

7.   Were you a drummer BEFORE Sheltered Reality? Nope

8.   How many HOURS per week (on average) do you play the drums, practice SR beats and songs, or just jam for fun?
 Maybe 10 or 11??? I prefer my bedroom floor to the drums though :)

9.   How many HOURS per week (on average) do you work on Turbo Jam, work on SR choreography, or just work out?
 7-ish

10.      If you do your own work-outs, what do you like to do?
 Sometimes I'll jog around the block, volleyball practice, I may weight train in gym class (sometimes), I use medicine balls a lot!

11.      How many HOURS per week (on average) do you work on SR mission related things OR your own missions to change the world? 3-5 *This may need just a little work :)

12.   What is your favorite passtime?
I like to hang out with friends, whatch T.V, and read :D as many people have said it is like a movie in your head and it is totally true!
   
13.      What is your favorite show you have performed in OR seen from the audience?  Why is this your favorite?
 My favorite would have to be the Reggie's Sleepout. Although it was EXTREMELY cold for fall, it was definately exciting whatching the audience get as crazy as they could. I also loved the cardboard box castles!


14.      If you could thank one person for something they did in your life at this point in time, who would it be and how would you thank them? Wow, there are so many people to choose from! I guess if I had to choose one it would have to be my sister-in-law. Well she married my brother, what more can I say? My brother is in Qatar and he left just before their first anniversary. She taught me to be strong. To thank her I guess I just open my heart to her and stay her rock like she's been mine.

15.      If you had to tell a random stranger, who has never played drums or any musical instrument, what Sheltered Reality is and stands for, what would you say? Sheltered Reality stands for second chances. It is a group that uses music and drumming to get their message across. They offer friends and a second family basically, they help you through difficult times and laugh through the good ones with you.



16.      What is something that nobody knows about you?
 I'm good at hiding things. (No, not your pen or anything like that) I hide how I feel a lot. If I am upset or something you probably won't know unless I tell you ;)

17.      If you were to make a bucket list, what would on be top of the list?
 To help others find their true self.

18.      What three things are always in your refrigerator?
 String cheese, Go-Gurt, and Leftovers.

19.      What is your favorite group/artist? Musical genre (pop, country, Christian contemporary, etc)?
 Country!!!! Tim McGraw, Laura Bell Bundy, Jason Brown, ect.

20.      What do you think people believe of you that is not true?
 SOME people say I am clingy. That may have been true 2 years ago but those people have not hung out with me for a while so they haven't seen my growth.

21.      What is your favorite beat?
 Tic-Toc I enjoy a bit of a challenge.

22.      If you were King/Queen of the world, what would you change?
 I would eliminate animal cruelty. I love my pets and don't see how animal abuse even occurs.

23.      How do you hope to apply the lessons learned from SR later in life?
 I hope to stay confident, take that first step and take a chance.

24.      Pick one of the Steps of Success and tell of a time where it has paid off for you.
 To be a friend. This girl went out for volleyball while I did. When she didn't run the mile in the max. time I was just blown away. I didn't really like her at first but I was friendly. As it turns out Tara is one of my best friends now, and I don't think we would be if I hadn't been a friend.

25.      What is your favorite Color? Why is it your favorite color?
 Orange! If you walk into a room with white walls, you don't really pay attention. If you walk into a room with orange walls you're all like WHOA! This room has orange walls!

26.      Do you have a favorite Sport and or a favorite Sports Team?
 Volleyball. I am the libero (the one with the different colored jersey)!

27.      Who or what has been the biggest Influence in your life?
 My parents. Since I was born all they have done is make me the person I am today which I greatly appriciate.

28.      Do you like your Personality? Do you wish you were stronger, braver, or bolder?  If you like it, why?  If you do not like it, what would you change?  I love my personality. Of course I wish I were a bit braver but I also think that too much bravery can lead to bad decisions.


29.      Have you ever stood up for what you believe, even when it was very hard?
 You bet! I get into HUGE arguments all of the time with my friends and family over little things like making them clean up their mess or making them take the money I owe them for food or something :D

30.      What is your favorite subject in school?
 Spanish. Although I'm not to good, it's entertaining ordering tacos in spanish.

31.      Are you the person you want to be?
 Yep! I would be deffinately missing out if I were anyone else.

32.      If you never joined SR, or never heard of SR would you be the same person you are now? Why or why not?
 Probably not, I dont think I would have the same confidence to talk in front of people or to complete strangers without SR

33.      What are five things that you have in your room that you love?
 My stereo, my dogs (they spend their nights in my room), my signed Taylor Lautner poster (I won that lol), my stash of candy from as far back as halloween, and my sentsy candle warmer (yumm)

34.      Can you play any other Instrument other than the drums?  Do you wish/want to play another instrument?  If so, what?
4 years of trumpet, 1 year of violin. I don't like the way I made the strings squeak on the violin, but I think the guitar would sound so much better as a string instrument so I wouldn't mind playing that.

35.      Do you do the SOS (Steps of Success) daily? How many times do you think you use it in a week?
 I try to use every step at least once or twice a day. I guess since there is 7 steps, I try to use them 49- 98 times a week.

36.      What is your favorite movie of all time? Why?
 The Blind Side! I love how Michael was able to change his life completely. From being homeless and getting D's in school to B's and being drafted by NFL teams.

37.      What is your favorite television show and/or shows?
 I like Malcolm in the Middle and The Nanny, and I've just recently gotten into The Singing Bee on CMT.

38.      What movie do you want to see really badly but didn’t get the chance to?
 I want to see The Bounty Hunter. I know it's still in theaters but I've been busy and probably won't be able to see it.

39.      What is your favorite saying that you say?
 "If you are going to be stupid, you have to be tough" - An Alligator "Hunter" on Animal Planet. I kind of took his saying because I often don't think before I do something and I have to be strong to face all consequences.

40.      What's your favorite Step of Success and why?
 I like to take a chance because it pushes me out of my comfort zone and makes me stronger. (Like diving off the high dive :D)

41.      What are you most proud of about your life?
 I am most proud of my will. I don't give up even when it's the hardest of times and look at me in SR and succeeding.

42.      What is your favorite theme song?
 The Malcolm in the Middle theme song. Simple and short, like me :)

43.      What is your favorite mission project, and how did it impact you?
 I like helping the kids against hunger crew. It reminds me that there are people out in the world who have it worse than I do and it makes me feel good knowing that I can help change that.

44.      Why did you originally join SR, and what are your reasons for staying?
 I joined because I saw them at a church service that I was dragged to 3 years ago and I was jealous that my brother got to join and I didn't at first. When I did join later on I stayed because SR offered friends/ family and great time drumming for change.

45.      If you were all of a sudden out of the group what is one thing you have learned that you would take with you the rest of your life? First of all I hope to stay in the group for a while! If I somehow end up not then I hope to take the courage I get out of SR.

46.      What makes you, you?
 Well First off I am very short! The thing about that is that I kind of enjoy it :D. Another thing is the fact that I am alone in my family of men! Of course I have my mom and aunts and whatnot but I have no female cousins or sisters :( It works though because I love hanging out with my cousins.

47.      How is your friendship different with SR friends and non SR friends?  How are people in SR at your site/in the country different than people you go to school and/or work with? It's different because I don't argue with my SR friends. Don't get me wrong I love my other friends but we get in little tiffs every now and again. The people are different in SR from the school people because they are just different people. Everyone is different and that makes this world unique


48.      If you had to move, would you try to stay in contact with Steve and Jordan and your site?
 Yes! I'm not sure how I would be able to survive with out my Sheltered Reality life.

49.      If this blog was never created do you think we would be as close as we are now?
 Ummm, probably??? I think that we would have found other ways to connect such as facebook and myspace, ect.

50.      What is your favorite part about the blog?
 I love how everyone participates! No ones opinions and ideas are turned down.

51.      What other activities/organizations are you involved in?
 Volleyball if that counts, Youth Venture- we did work for the Children and Family Urban Ministries which needed help whatching the elementary schoolers. We also donated markers, crayons, games, etc. for them to play with
52.      What size drumsticks do you play with?
7A I think. lol they fit in my tiny hands.
53.      What are the first three things you do when you get home from school/work/traveling?
 1. Let the dogs out
 2. Grab some food/ relax
 3. Homework/ chores (sigh)
54.      Who do you choose from the Blog Followers to be the NEXT Member of the Week??
I am Randomly picking....... Angie P???

12 comments:

  1. I loved your answers :) they were awesome...i like country music too. well its not my favorite thing to listen too but when im in the mood for country i listen to it :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the answers!! I'm not really into Country BUT I LOVE Tim McGraw!!! The Tick Tock beat is one of my favorite beats also! Guitar is fun to play. I am teaching myself how to play guitar. I broke my string so i havnt played it in awhile, but it is fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love country its about all i listen to. It sounds like you are a good person. I wish i could play the violin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love country music to I like Zack brown band and Taylor Swift you practice the beats alot you have also benn in sR along time. wow Do you Squeek when you play the Vilon? well i bet your good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rebekah- orange is one of my favorite colors too----and white walls are sooo boring :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your answers! They were all VERY good and it's hard to choose which answer was my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol thanks everyone! I cannot believe how many people besides me like country! And yeah I do squeak when I play the violin XD! I haven't played in forever and I squeak with most instruments. To tell you the truth I am very surprised that my drums don't squeak! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Orange is amazing! It's so bright and bold and out there!

    I'll have something more meaningful to say later, right now my brain is fried.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gotta give another vote for Country Music! There are more of us out there than you think. (I Was Country When Country Wasn't Cool was one of my favorite songs growing up.) Sigh . . . just gave away my age! Anyone even have any idea what song I'm talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Orange is an awesome color!
    Hey, Rebekah! *waves* :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rebekah...If your drums were to squeak...there would be some MAJOR problems!! ;) JK!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rebekah- oh yea squeaking drums...not good but your good, you dont have to worry about it cause you have all your SR friends who can help with your "squeaking" haha

    ReplyDelete