Friday, April 30, 2010

Member Of The Week: Angie Parker!!

1.   Name: Angie Parker

2.   Age: 33

3.   Hometown AND State: Fremont NE

4.   Sheltered Reality Practice Site: Fremont NE

5.   How long have you been in the group? 3 years site coordinator; 2 months drumming

6.   ____________________________________________________________________
7.   Were you a drummer BEFORE Sheltered Reality? No

8.   How many HOURS per week (on average) do you play the drums, practice SR beats and songs, or just jam for fun? 3-4 hours

9.   How many HOURS per week (on average) do you work on Turbo Jam, work on SR choreography, or just work out? work out?? what's that

10.      If you do your own work-outs, what do you like to do? walking

11.      How many HOURS per week (on average) do you work on SR mission related things OR your own missions to change the world? 10-20 hours

12.      ____________________________________________________________________
13.      What is your favorite show you have performed in OR seen from the audience?  Why is this your favorite? Can't place just one, but Sunday services are my favorite. Especially when the pastor or show leader says something that God needed me to hear at the time.



14.      If you could thank one person for something they did in your life at this point in time, who would it be and how would you thank them? It would be a neighbor of mine when I was in elementary school. She first started bringing me to Sunday school and church. I know just telling her thanks isn't enough, but next time I see her I'll do just that, because of what she did to begin with started me on the track where I was able to get involved with SR.
 
15.      If you had to tell a random stranger, who has never played drums or any musical instrument, what Sheltered Reality is and stands for, what would you say? SR is a drum group and they play loud. However, I also mention the phrase "Empowering Others to Succeed." I tell them that whether it is through a drum lesson, learning choreography, encouraging others to use the Steps of Success, or helping others in mission we are empowering others to succeed.



16.      What is something that nobody knows about you? That I like to roll down the car windows on a nice day, crank the radio and jam.


17.      If you were to make a bucket list, what would be top of the list? I don't know why but I have always wanted to go to Australia.


18.      What three things are always in your refrigerator? Milk, Jelly, and Peanut Butter


19.      What is your favorite group/artist? Musical genre (pop, country, Christian contemporary, etc)? Currently it's Kutless. I listen to Christian music the more beat the better.

20.        What do you think people believe of you that is not true? That I'm shy and introverted. Just like Rebekah until I get to know others I am. I also need to get the feel for a person on whether or not I can trust them. I've been hurt in the past so that is why I'm cautious not shy.


21.      What is your favorite beat? Not sure yet


22.      If you were King/Queen of the world, what would you change? I would want to provide more programs to help promote self-esteem. Because if more people believed in their selves maybe, just maybe, the world would be a better place.


23.      How do you hope to apply the lessons learned from SR later in life?Just using the steps in my daily life.


24.      Pick one of the Steps of Success and tell of a time where it has paid off for you. Take a Chance -- I used it when I applied for a promotion at work. Even though I didn't get the promotion I am glad that I tried.


25.      What is your favorite Color? Why is it your favorite color? Purple, don't know why, I've always liked it.

26.      Do you have a favorite Sport and or a favorite Sports Team? Not a big sports fan.

27.      Who or what has been the biggest Influence in your life? My faith. God has gotten me through a lot and still is guiding and putting people in my life to help. I know he has a hand in all things.


28.      Do you like your Personality? Do you wish you were stronger, braver, or bolder?  If you like it, why?  If you do not like it, what would you change? I think we are all a work in progress. I have my good personality traits, but I also have those that I need to work on.  Right now I'm working on speaking out for others and myself.


29.      Have you ever stood up for what you believe, even when it was very hard? I could have done it differently one being more vocal, but I did stand up. Even though it was hard and I did lose a few friends (saw people in different light -- both for the good and bad). I know that this was what was right. I also gained friends and respect for others.


30.      What is your favorite subject in school? I have always enjoyed history and geography.


31.      Are you the person you want to be? I'm not there yet, but God is still guiding me.


32.      If you never joined SR, or never heard of SR would you be the same person you are now? Why or why not? I don't think so. Not only because of the SOS, but because of the friends I have meant.


33.      What are five things that you have in your room that you love? I have pictures of my nephews and a picture that I made in shop class. I enjoy the tv, books and movies, but love the last 3 I could do without.


34.      Can you play any other Instrument other than the drums?  Do you wish/want to play another instrument?  If so, what? No, at this time I just want to spend time trying to learn a few beats.



35.      Do you do the SOS (Steps of Success) daily? How many times do you think you use it in a week? I try to use daily. I may need to remind myself that in the future I need to remember step ....


36.      What is your favorite movie of all time? Why? Facing the Giants -- the themes in the background really shows how you should live your life. Praise God in the good and bad. Not the only, but a pretty important one.


37.      What is your favorite television show and/or shows? 7th Heaven, Gilmore Girls , and NCIS


38.      What movie do you want to see really badly but didn’t get the chance to? Nothing lately because I haven't seen anything of interest. I usually wait until it comes out on tv.


39.      What is your favorite saying that you say? "Whatever" yeah it's annoying even to me.


40.      What's your favorite Step of Success and why? Believe in yourself--Just because it brings all the steps together.


41.      What are you most proud of about your life? I graduated from college, not that many in my family have done this.


42.      What is your favorite theme song? Brady Bunch


43.      What is your favorite mission project, and how did it impact you? Fremont did a scavenger hunt with donations going to low income ministry. Even though I stayed back to work on other SR stuff and get a snack ready for them I enjoyed hearing from the kids that they worked together and had fun. Even though there wasn't a prize they worked together and gathered things for others. I think that is an important thing to learn.


44.      Why did you originally join SR, and what are your reasons for staying? I saw there was a need in my hometown after a very, very hard year. I still see the need in the area, not only in the community, but in our members.


45.      If you were all of a sudden out of the group what is one thing you have learned that you would take with you the rest of your life? SOS, Friends, and some great memories
46.      What makes you, you? Family, Faith, and Friends


47.      How is your friendship different with SR friend and non SR friends?  How are people in SR at your site/in the country different than people you go to school and/or work with? I'm closer with SR friends than with others. We all have a common goal and that really helps with friendships.
 

48.      If you had to move, would you try to stay in contact with Steve and Jordan and your site? I would definitely stay in contact.


49.      If this blog was never created do you think we would be as close as we are now? With out the blog I don't think I would get to "meet" others. Of course it was fun at MTR figuring out who was who.


50.      What is your favorite part about the blog? Besides reading the comments, I actually like the surveys.


51.      What other activities/organizations are you involved in? I am involved with my church's audio visual on Sundays.

52.      What size drumsticks do you play with?  Haven't figured out yet.

53.      What are the first three things you do when you get home from school/work/traveling? turn on the tv, grab a good book and put my feet up

    54.      Who do you choose from the Blog Followers to be the NEXT Member of the Week?? Completely random again...Kyle Kapuska

7 comments:

  1. Angie-haha this is so cool! I just met you today! i love kutless too! YOu did awesome on your first show(s)! Congrats! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, it's great getting to know more about you. Yay for purple!! Thanks for all you do. And good luck with the drumming :)
    (Hi to Autumn, too)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie- Awesome answers! Kutless is my favorite too! Especially their song "What Faith Can Do" it really says a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie- i loved your answers! NCIS and 7th heaven are my favorite shows too!!! :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good answers, Angie. And great seeing you again at MTR. I see you do the slides for your services. Me, too. AV geeks rule! Spin your propeller proudly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Angie. Wow! You spend a lot of time with the mission projects!

    ReplyDelete