Friday, March 12, 2010

Member Of The Week: Samantha Hurst!!

1. Name: Samantha Hurst {Sam}
2. Age: 13
3. Hometown AND State: hometown: Champion // state: Ohio
4. Sheltered Reality Practice Site: Warren, Ohio
5. How long have you been in the group?
About 2 years now..
6. __________what is your favorite food?_________________
________stuffed shells.__________
7. Were you a drummer BEFORE Sheltered Reality?
No. I was never really interested in it before SR.
8. How many HOURS per week (on average) do you play the drums, practice SR beats and songs, or just jam for fun?
Maybe 4 to 5 hours a week..
9. How many HOURS per week (on average) do you work on Turbo Jam, work on SR choreography, or just work out?
To be truly honest, I probably don’t work on turbo jam as much as I should.. But I love choreography. Maybe like 2 hours a week. Sometimes more…
10. If you do your own work-outs, what do you like to do?
I like to run, walk and jog.. Im really slow though. ^_^
11. How many HOURS per week (on average) do you work on SR mission related things OR your own missions to change the world?
Between SR and Church, probably about 6 hours.. Maybe…>_>
12. ______________Who‘s your hero?_______________
________Lacey Mosley_ (lead singer of Flyleaf)_________
13. What is your favorite show you have performed in OR seen from the audience? Why is this your favorite?
The one we did at the Champion Presbyterian Church. a lot of people I knew where there.
14. If you could thank one person for something they did in your life at this point in time, who would it be and how would you thank them?
I don’t think I could thank just one person. All my friends, for keeping me together. I would.. Buy them all candy!
15. If you had to tell a random stranger, who has never played drums or any musical instrument, what Sheltered Reality is and stands for, what would you say?
We're a group of Christians who try to change the world by inspiring them through music. We use the drums to try to bring them a positive message.
16. What is something that nobody knows about you?
That I want some pie.. Really bad!
17. If you were to make a bucket list, what would be top of the list?
Traveling the world. I absolutely LOVE to travel.
18. What three things are always in your refrigerator?
Umm.. milk, eggs and…. Coldness.. Idk the contence of my fridge is ever changing.
19. What is your favorite group/artist? Musical genre (pop, country, Christian contemporary, etc)?
Flyleaf!! There a Christian rock/alternative band.
20. What do you think people believe of you that is not true?
That im shy.. I can be but once I get to know a person, I cant stop talking.
21. What is your favorite beat?
Tic-tock! Im so psyched I got it!!! xDD
22. If you were King/Queen of the world, what would you change?
I would try to change the way a lot of people in other countries live. My church is doing a thing called the 30 Hour Famine. And it really opened my eyes to how so many people are living in poverty. I mean im not trying to be a downer but this is ridicules! Did you know that one child dies every 7 seconds form preventable causes like hunger and disease?!? No Lie!
23. How do you hope to apply the lessons learned from SR later in life?
Well I guess I would want to use the same lessons to help me when I get a job and to probably teach my children. that’s not going to be for a while though… ^_^
24. Pick one of the Steps of Success and tell of a time where it has paid off for you.
“take a chance.” when I tried out for my school musical, I didn’t know if I wanted to or not. Now im playing one of the leads. Its going to be awesome! xD
25. What is your favorite Color? Why is it your favorite color?
Blue! To be more specific, the color of the sky on a cloudless day. Why? I just think its beautiful!
26. Do you have a favorite Sport and or a favorite Sports Team?
No. I really don’t like sports..
27. Who or what has been the biggest Influence in your life?
Sheltered Reality. Hands down.
28. Do you like your Personality? Do you wish you were stronger, braver, or bolder? If you like it, why? If you do not like it, what would you change?
For the most part im ok with my personality.. If I could, I would change how quiet and shy I usually am when I meet new people.
29. Have you ever stood up for what you believe, even when it was very hard?
Yeah, I always try to stick up for the underdog in situations. And more often than not, for myself for being a Christian..
30. What is your favorite subject in school?
Ummm…lunch.. Haha. No, probably World History.
31. Are you the person you want to be?
Not yet. But im getting there. -_o
32. If you never joined SR, or never heard of SR would you be the same person you are now? Why or why not?
No. SR played and is playing a big part in my life and without that part im sure I wouldn’t be the same person.
33. What are five things that you have in your room that you love?
Bed. CD player. CD’s. Posters. And my awesome bed spread.
34. Can you play any other Instrument other than the drums? Do you wish/want to play another instrument? If so, what?
No. but I wish I could play piano.
35. Do you do the SOS (Steps of Success) daily? How many times do you think you use it in a week?
I try to use the SOS daily. I don’t know if I cant tell how many times I use it in a week…
36. What is your favorite movie of all time? Why?
The Crow. I just thing the plot and the message is so beautiful. “Love never dies.”
37. What is your favorite television show and/or shows?
Modern Family, psych, and Law and Order: Special Victims Unit.
38. What movie do you want to see really badly but didn’t get the chance to?
Princess and the Frog. Haha. xD
39. What is your favorite saying that you say?
Silence the violence. Increase the peace.
40. What's your favorite Step of Success and why?
“never give up.” I just think there good words to live by..
41. What are you most proud of about your life?
Well, Im not on drugs or anything. So I guess I can be proud of that..
42. What is your favorite theme song?
Like TV shows? The psych theme song!
43. What is your favorite mission project, and how did it impact you?
A few Christmases ago, we collected pocket change for some charity. It was cool to see how loose change terned into a little over $200. ^_^
44. Why did you originally join SR, and what are your reasons for staying?
Haha, funny story.. I originally went because my friend made me. But she quit and I kept coming. My reason for staying was I wanted to see where it took me..
45. If you were all of a sudden out of the group what is one thing you have learned that you would take with you the rest of your life?
One thing that I learned and will always take with me is even though you think you cant do something, if you work at it you can do whatever you want.
46. What makes you, you?
Well, I’m not entirely sure. I guess all the things I like to do. I don’t think I would be the same if I didn’t do things like camping and going places with friend.
47. How is your friendship different with SR friend and non SR friends? How are people in SR at your site/in the country different than people you go to school and/or work with?
My friendships in SR are really different that with other friends. I’m not sure why. I think because people in SR are a lot more open and just overall more friendly. Haha. ^_^
48. If you had to move, would you try to stay in contact with Steve and Jordan and your site?
YES!! I don’t thing I could make it if I didn’t talk to Dee and Sophia and all of them at least once a week.
49. If this blog was never created do you think we would be as close as we are now?
Well I still cant get on the blog so I’m not really the person to ask about that..
50. What is your favorite part about the blog?
Well I can read it sometimes so I guess that’s my favorite part.
51. What other activities/organizations are you involved in?
I’m really involved in the Youth Group at my church.
52. What size drumsticks do you play with?
Umm. Let me go check! 808. I think.. that’s what it said on the stick.
53. What are the first three things you do when you get home from school/work/traveling?
Hmmm.. Eat. Take a nap. Get on myspace..
54. Who do you choose from the Blog Followers to be the NEXT Member of the Week??
How about Tom from Toledo. xD

23 comments:

  1. Sam-I have heard a little about you from other members. I'm glad I got to learn a little about you. Are you going to Mt. Rushmore??? I like the way you depict your favorite color. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam- First off, Flyleaf is amazing!!!!!! :D andd I am SOOOOO proud of you with the Tick Tock beat!! man when it was just me and you at practice we had funn and we did that beat you had it but last practice you were like BAM...PERFECT!!!! Woot!!! LoL Good Job! ^_^
    andd that Mission Project was awesome! We did good at that and it was fun! ^_^
    and.. Sam!! you are to cute!! If that every happened I would talk to you every day! We can never be apart! LoL!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam-yes! it makes me feel better that i'm not only one of the younger people on this blog!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Sam! *waves* great answers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talking about hunger doesn't make you a downer! It shows you care. You're right, it is ridiculous. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sam! Great answers :) And I'm gonna go to youtube and listen to Flyleaf now so I'll now who they are! (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sam- that mission project was really fun!!! :) i really have no idea what i would do if i couldnt talk to you anymore....that would stink haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sam. Great answers. I just hope I can do as well. Thanks for the nod. Will you be going to MTR? I look forward to Caravaning (literally, since I drive a Caravan) with the Warren contingent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sam-
    Great answers! It seems that you were very thoughtful in answering the questions. I enjoyed your style of writing for some reason. ;) Hope to see you @MTR!

    Tom- I love the "Caravaning" comment! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to read the member of the week answers and yours were very entertaining. But I dont understand how can you not like sports. I guess not everyone is the same I guess thats what makes the world interesting hope to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Drew- I didn't like sports until I discovered archery. (Which is kind o a sport, not everyone thinks so)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sam wanted me to commrnt this for her. I think I might make her 1 so she can get on this awesome website!! <3

    From sam..
    _________
    TT_____TT
    that makes me reeeealy want to go to Mt. Rushmore...!!!
    i realy wish i could come..
    hopefully ill meet everybody some other time.
    thanks for commenting and everything xD.
    it makes me feel so special!!! ^_^
    ~sam~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Drew- i am not really a big sports person but i cheer which most people don't consider a sport, and i really don't like it that much myself anymore because all of the other cheerleaders are stuck up and I'm not like that at all. But i do LOVE soccer. i haven't played on team since i was like 6 but i play in my backyard with my friends in the summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Colleen- I consider cheerleading a sport! The stuff you have to be able to do to be a cheerleader is WAY beyond my level of coordination.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sonja - I think archery is a sport!

    Colleen - I think cheerleading is sport too! It looks way hard like all the coordination and so on :)

    Drew - I thought too that everyone likes sports though I actually have ton of friends who don't :) but everyone's different which is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sonja and Heidi- thank you!! you about the only ones who do believe it is a sport. I used to be able to do a back hand spring but since i had my knee surgery last march i havent been able to do it again, but i do want to be able to so it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Colleen - Haha no problem! I just really dislike when people say that certain things are not sport, they should try themselves :) And I'm sorry for you having have to go through surgery! I hope you'll be able to do the back hand spring thingy again! (I really dont know what it is haha)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Colleen- I used to cheer and coach!!! Cheerleading is definately a sport! And I wanted to comment on you saying that you didn't like it that much anymore. Maybe you are there to make a difference!!! I totally have some stories to share with you, too much to write here. I can't remember, are you coming to MTR?

    Always remember that All things work together for the glory of God for those that are in Christ.(from memory)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Heidi- thank you and i know some people should definitely try and see how they do haha that would very funny :)

    Jenn- Awe thank you maybe I am there to make a difference i try to stop all the drama going on to make us a better squad but that didn't work too well, but at least i didn't give up :) but yes i am definitely going to MTR!!! i cant wait to see you there :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Colleen - Yea that's what I think also when people are screaming at the tv how bad this and this player is haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Heidi- oh yea. i definitely agree.

    ReplyDelete