Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Back In Iowa, Sick, Question of the Day

Well, Jordan and I have completed our first set of flying site practices for 2010...we visited Phoenix, AZ, Salt Lake City, UT, Nashville,  and Shelbyville,TN and Warren and Toledo, OH.  Sadly we had to miss Hopkinsville, KY while in TN for their first 2010 practice since they had a practice-space conflict that weekend they could not work around.  However, that day off did help Jordan out...he had come down with a nasty case of the stomach flu.  We weren't sure at the time if it was the flu or food poisoning...but given that I got it 36 hours later...well...flu it was...and very nasty.  AND...sadly, I had to break one of my travel-promises...to never fly that sick...I had no choice...we left Nashville on Monday to return to Cleveland, and then on Tuesday Cleveland back to the home airport of Moline, IL...that was 4 flight segments while sick...and let me tell you all...if you have never been on a plane while nauseated...you have not fully lived.  NOT.  I have never had a more miserable experience of being trapped on a plane (which I love to fly!) while trying not to throw up the entire time (which I succeeded at, but it took a lot of NEVER GIVE UP)...glad it is over...glad to be home...and glad that today is a no practice day, giving me one more to rest up.

Anyhow, my question of the day is NOT really a question...but more of a go back and READ ALL COMMENTS of the last question of the day...up to 67 comments last I looked and they are great...they make great reading about SR...and I want you ALL to re-read them...and then, look for a new one before the week us up.

Take care out there!

15 comments:

  1. Hope you are both feeling better! It stinks to fly sick, and I wasn't THAT sick so I can't imagine what it was like for you! The conversations and friendships forming over this blog is amazing! Thank you so much for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelli,

    I agree...I can see new friendship on here daily! YAAAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve- I hope you feel better!! Being sick isnt fun at all. and I agree with Kelli all the way i absolutely LOVE this! Like at school im sitting there and im like man... i wonder if anyone wrote!?! LoL But all i have want to say is Steve this is the most coolest thing ever! I love everything about so thank you very much!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow I don't like flying but hey different people like different things get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve-I finally got on!! can't believe it-maybe I can learn something new lol.
    Hope you and Jordo are feeling much better-not a good way to start the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello to all SR members! My name is Renee and my son, Alex (who many know)has been in SR for 9 years. In that time, we have met so many people and it has been a joy to grow with the SR family. I thank Steve, Jordan and all who gave Alex a chance-SR has helped make him the person he is today. Welcome to all new members-you have made a wise decision.
    As for me, I enjoy going to shows, watching the kids play, people interacting and sharing a common goal. My dream is to do more with SR and try drumming-I need To Take A Chance-but Steve, you know me! Will quit rambling for now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dee I know what you mean! This semester I have about three classes that I don't really do much so I get on here and read all the comments. I'm pretty sure I'm on here at least four times a day.
    Mr. Schuck glad you got on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelli- I know!Its crazy! Today i was supposed to take a History exam that I was sooooo ready for it you dont even know.lol But then i get there and the teacher was sick so we had a sub. and he couldnt give it to us. i was soo mad lol. i was soo ready but oh well i cant wait 4 2moro. That sounds weird that im excited 4 an exam.:D LoL But anyways lol no 1 was talking and im like looking at the lights and i kepted on lthinking man i wanna see whats going on. LoL i think i am 2. manybe more! (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Steve I hope u and Jordo feel a lot better thats great u are home to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you guys feel better!

    This blog is great. I have a hard time getting to know people, so this really helps me out. I'm learning a lot about people.

    Also, I got some great advice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am soo board right now igot one thing to do in school tomorrow then i got nothing else to do until my next semester starts I'm soooo board. oh and if any SR members want to chat live i know a christan myspace the site is called fathfreaks if any of you go onto it look up (the/mysterous/wolf) thats me I'll add you guys and then we can chat in the live chat room.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yea I totally hope you feel better! It sucks so bad to fly when nauseated, I feel bad for you! That happened to me too when i was flying the last time

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for all the well-wishing on here. I am a tad bit better today, but maybe tomorrow I will feel much better? I hope so!

    Also, Renee...I am proud of you for getting on here! YAY! One more successful thing you have done via SR :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you feel 100% better tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete