Friday, January 15, 2010

It's official, craziness starts tomorrow!

Tomorrow finds Jordan and myself on our way to St. Louis for practice, and then on Sunday is the first show of 2010!  And, what a "show"...it is all day drumming...930am to 600pm...morning service, all day drumming workshops for a youth conference, and then early evening wrap up show for all...so that is the way to kick off the year!  Monday is practice in Union/Washington, MO...and then on Tuesday we drive all the way from St. Louis, MO to Watertown, SD (that is nearly 700 miles and 10 hours of driving in one day...those are the ones that kill us off on the road...Whatever It Takes!)...to be ready for NINE shows on Wed and Thurs in Watertown...the show marathon for sure!  We are excited to have drummers from not only Watertown and Sioux Falls, but many coming from Minneapolis, MN site (a not so short 5 hour drive too!)...and many thanks to all...those shall be fun shows!

However, from this point forward...you will have not quite as many posts from me...so don't be sad when they are not daily.  There will be at least four posts per week...I have MANY questions created for you all to think about...more games figured out for us to play together on here...and even some creative writing for you all to do pretty soon...but I did need to make sure you all never forget that my ability to get on the internet depends on:

1.  How far I travel each day
2.  How many shows/practices are surrounding that travel
3.  How late we drive each night
4.  THE WEATHER during all of that
5.  The hotel we are staying in...a few do not have free internet still, and so we just stay off the net on those nights

So, on those days when there is not a new post...what oh what should you do?  GO BACK...and do some re-reading, re-commenting, and keep the threads of VERY good communication flowing!  I enjoyed Amanda's command on Blog Question One...saying "oh good...we are making this blog even longer"...that made me laugh!

SO...just clarification that once the nutty travel schedule kicks into full gear tomorrow it will be a little more irregular what I get to do on here.

Here's to a GREAT 2010 of changing lives!!

11 comments:

  1. hahaha Steve very fun with adding my comment on there. haha I think that one blog is long enough. I mean 80ish comments. Wow I think were gunna have issues at MTR...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Amanda...he worries when it is Tonia, Dani, Ellen, you, and I...now add Dee, Sonja, and everyone else...now that will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww... I can't wait to do shows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can not wait for the shows i am so excited!! Safe travels to everyone as the roads are still slippery in some parts of the US!!!
    May God Bless you!
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, Steve, and everyone else, here I am--not a texter, twitter, facebooker, but a blogger I am! Just spent an hour reading the many entries---Steve, great idea! We (eau Claire) have practice tomorrow, I'll tell them to get on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know there must be a story behind that bird picture, Steve. What kind is it? Does it have a name? Did it really tell you it wants to know what we think??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE THE COLOR!!!! :D lol just saying ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carolyn,

    YAAAAAY! I am glad to see you on here! Bless you, and yes, tell Eau Claire that this is working beyond my wildest dreams.

    Jovanna...that is an Emu, and YES indeed, he told me he wanted to know what you all think!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWE i want an Emu to talk to me...haha :)
    Dee- i agree the color is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Colleen, First of all im sorry I am just now replying. But you know that old saying...Better later then never right?

    Anyway, I know how busy things can get outside of SR. I mean i had a job,school,SR, my church. But for me I made my outside of SR life fit my SR schedule, I realize not everyone has/had the passion for the group like i do. In my mind i owed SR something so if I could make it work I did it. Thats me though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yea of course :)

    Yea i understand that completely, i am trying my best to get to practices and do cheerleading and on top i am babysitting for some extra money. if you can do it...so can i.
    and its okay you didnt have to reply right away, but thank you for your way of handeling things, it helps to hear that im not the only one who is overly busy. :)

    ReplyDelete