Tuesday, January 5, 2010

From the Road

Jordan and I just finished the first 2 official 2010 practices...and had a great time in both Salt Lake City, UT and Phoenix, AZ.  More fun in Phoenix actually since that was a nice, warm, 70 degree experience.  YAAAY!  But, sadly, that is all the warm weather for us for quite awhile, as we rejoin all of the midwest sites in the frigid cold that is out there...and that you have all suffered through for a few days already.

It is fun watching folks start to listen to the new songs I have picked out and as we have now played them a few times, I know which are working, and some of the things I want to put in them...including a LOT of shared drumming on both sides (for those that don't know...that means playing on your drums as well as those to your left and right).  We also have a nice new "snake part"...and again, for those who don't know, that is moving up and down the entire row of drums so that an entire row moves as one...we called this the snake part many years ago...and it is time to do it again.

SO, you all have this to look forward to!

I wanted to thank all of you so far because I am seeing:

1.  Many of you commenting on my posts.  Thanks for reading!
2.  Many of you commenting on EACH OTHER's posts...that is even better...because this is how you will all make new friends!

In the coming weeks I will start doing the following:

1.  More challenges and contests, some with prizes, some without.

2.  Asking one of you at random to answer some questions about your site, your time in SR, your favorite stories from SR (my stories, or better YOUR OWN stories)...just so members from all sites can learn about other sites.

3.  Asking you want YOU want to see on this blog...since this blog is about YOU.  I will say this many times and many ways...but I never want you to forget this.

4.  If I don't see a comment from you at all, after many posts, I will ask you directly to post...so in other words, don't be shy.

It was fun after 2 days off the internet to sit down and read everyone's posted 2010 resolutions.  If you have not posted there, do so...and read the other comments.  I posted mine as well...so you can all go back and read that.

I will be off the internet now until about Saturday, so nothing more in the next 2 days...but you can all start thinking about the things above...as well answering the question of the day for everyone's "amusement"...see today's 2nd post.

Take care!

4 comments:

  1. So...

    Is that one highly questionable song working out for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried putting my pic from facebook on here but wouldn't work. I don't know what else to do. My kids were helping me so if they can't do it, it can't be done!

    My husband is in Phoenix AZ this week too. He flies home Wed. night. We'll see him again Thursday night. I am so jealous that you both and he are in warm, sunny weather.

    This morning in Beaver Dam WI it was -1 degrees when I got up at 5:30am. It was 10 degrees by the time school started. Snow on the way again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. to put your picture up you can go to your blogger homepage, I would go to www.blogspot.com and sign in there then it will bring you to the blogger page and you can click on view complete profile and add your photo there. sign in go to the blog under followers find you and click on it, and box will come up and it will tell you can edit, then add a photo there

    ReplyDelete
  4. well i haven't tried to put up a pic yet so is it just like posting a pic on myspace?

    ReplyDelete