Friday, February 19, 2010

Member Of The Week 2 (this week)! BONUS! : Drew Vance

Thanks to Drew for getting this back so quickly and IN COLOR.  YAAY!  It worked!!

1.   Name:
Drew Allan Vance
2.   Age:
15 will be 16 on March 18
3.   Hometown AND State:
Faith South Dakota
4.   Sheltered Reality Practice Site:
Where ever in Faith they let us make lots of noise.
5.   How long have you been in the group?
6 months give or take.
6.   These here are some blank spots so I just thought that I would mention is that this takes a long time to write these are some very personal questions.
7.   Were you a drummer BEFORE Sheltered Reality?
No but I always wanted to be one.
8.   How many HOURS per week (on average) do you play the drums, practice SR beats and songs, or just jam for fun?
Not enough. I listen to the show songs and beat accelerators and air drum to them constantly.
9.   How many HOURS per week (on average) do you work on Turbo Jam, work on SR choreography, or just work out?
We dont have Turbo Jam yet so I've never done that. When ever David and I here YMCA we do the dance. Also I work out every day in gym and work out after school between sports seasons.
10.      If you do your own work-outs, what do you like to do?
Yes. I like to work my upper body but lately I want to increase my verticle. I do lots of chin-ups and almost anything that involves jumping.
11.      How many HOURS per week (on average) do you work on SR mission related things OR your own missions to change the world?
There are not many Missions in Faith.  But whenever there is one I am generally part of it.
d Now again another blank spot so I'm just going to say that I cant wait to meet everyone on this blog and I hope you all are going to MTR I have plans to go unless something changes.
13.      What is your favorite show you have performed in OR seen from the audience?  Why is this your favorite?
My favorte show that I have seen from the audiance was the show they did at our town in Faith that night after the school show. It made me want to do SR more than anything. I have the RC group to thank for the insperation to join SR.
The greatest show that I think that I have ever done was here in Faith at the girls conference games. It was so much fun Elizebeth and I totally rocked our side of the gym. We had people we didn't even know tell us how much they enjoyed our performance. It made me feel really good. So I cant wait for our next show.
14.      If you could thank one person for something they did in your life at this point in time, who would it be and how would you thank them?
My mom. Because she keeps pushing me to work harder and try more. To thank her I would do my best on everything I try and do.
15.      If you had to tell a random stranger, who has never played drums or any musical instrument, what Sheltered Reality is and stands for, what would you say?
I would say that SR is an awsome Drumline who rocks schools and other shows. And not only that they try to change the world and teach the steps of success.
16.      What is something that nobody knows about you?
There aren't many things people don't know about me so if I tell it then everyone will know so I'll keep it a secret.
17.      If you were to make a bucket list, what would be top of the list?
I want to Complete a Marathon, and go skydiving. Also I wnat to greatly impact somebodies life.
18.      What three things are always in your refrigerator?
Presliced ham, Miricle whip (Mayo is gross), pudding.
19.      What is your favorite group/artist? Musical genre (pop, country, Christian contemporary, etc)?
I can never remember names of groups or artists who sing songs I like. I like country music and I really like the newer stuff that has been coming out lately.
20.      What do you think people believe of you that is not true?
I'm pretty much an open book so whatever they belive is probable true.
21.      What is your favorite beat?
The Funk Beat. Because it is funky!
22.      If you were King/Queen of the world, what would you change?
I would change the worlds national anthem to a funky song of some sort. While that was going people would do sick breakdancing moves.
23.      How do you hope to apply the lessons learned from SR later in life?
I hope that these lessons help make me a better person and that changes my attitude and outlook on life. I hope that they help me do things I don't think I could do.
24.      Pick one of the Steps of Success and tell of a time where it has paid off for you.
I think that the step "Do whatever it takes" has paid off for me most of all. Because when SR frist came and I learned that they could come back and do another show or start a cite here I knew that I had to do whatever it took to get a cite here because I really really wanted to join SR. So that summer I did what ever it took and now we have a cite and I love being in it.
25.      What is your favorite Color? Why is it your favorite color?
I like Lime green mostly because it is bright and makes you squint when you look at it to long. Right now I'm using blue because when I type I cant see the green.
26.      Do you have a favorite Sport and or a favorite Sports Team?
I love basketball to play it is deffintly my favorite sport. But the sport that I enjoy most is Cross Country
27.      Who or what has been the biggest Influence in your life?
My family has been a big influence in my life. My mom has been a big one she keeps pushing me to do better and work harder even when I'm tired of listening to her.
28.      Do you like your Personality? Do you wish you were stronger, braver, or bolder?  If you like it, why?  If you do not like it, what would you change?
Some what and I do wish that I were stronger, braver, or bolder. I would be more social and have a good time no matter what my friends thought because sometimes I'm scared of what people think of me.
29.      Have you ever stood up for what you believe, even when it was very hard?
No, I haven't had any part in my life when it was really hard, but I have stood up for things that I belive in.
30.      What is your favorite subject in school?
Math and Science, but my aboslute favorite one narrowed down is chemistry.
31.      Are you the person you want to be?
Yes and No. I dont know what I want really but I dont think I'm there yet.
32.      If you never joined SR, or never heard of SR would you be the same person you are now? Why or why not?
No when I am in SR I feal like I express myself more and whenever I listen to music I practice air drumming.
33.      What are five things that you have in your room that you love?
Right now in winter I love my electric heater. Then I also love my books, bed, TV, and Drumsticks.
34.      Can you play any other Instrument other than the drums?  Do you wish/want to play another instrument?  If so, what?
Yes, I can play the Piano some and the Trombone. I wish that I could play the trapset and the sax. Mostly because the trapset is cool and the sax looks cool also.
35.      Do you do the SOS (Steps of Success) daily? How many times do you think you use it in a week?
I'm not sure I try to but it is hard to keep track. If I count little ones I would say yes maybe once or twice I go through them a week.
36.      What is your favorite movie of all time? Why?
I really liked "Monsters vs. Aliens" just because it was so funny. It makes me laugh everytime I watch it especially the president.
37.      What is your favorite television show and/or shows?
I like show that have mysteries mostly murder shows. Like Burn Notice, Physic, Monk, Chuck.
38.      What movie do you want to see really badly but didn’t get the chance to?
I cant think of anyone because I'm not a big movie person.
39.      What is your favorite saying that you say?
Hasta Luego
40.      What's your favorite Step of Success and why?
The new one (not sure if Im supposed to say it yet), because it is so huge and means the most to people. When you do this step you defintly make a difference in the world.
41.      What are you most proud of about your life?
Helping get a start to the SR group in Faith.
42.      What is your favorite theme song?
I like the song on the show Lie to Me, or the Biggest Loser.
43.      What is your favorite mission project, and how did it impact you?
We have not done many Mission projects yet were still getting a good foot hold.
44.      Why did you originally join SR, and what are your reasons for staying?
It looked cool and I helped alot in getting a site in Faith, so I couldn't not join.
45.      If you were all of a sudden out of the group what is one thing you have learned that you would take with you the rest of your life?
All the lessons I learned of working hard to reach your goals.
46.      What makes you, you?
I am outspoken and I am not affected by perpressure very much. I am mostly my own person.
47.      How is your friendship different with SR friend and non SR friends?  How are people in SR at your site/in the country different than people you go to school and/or work with?
My friends that arent in SR when we hang out all we talk about is sports or girls and verious other subjects. But with my SR friends we talk about everything that I find interesting. They are different because we share a common goal to learn the Drums and change peoples lives for the better.
48.      If you had to move, would you try to stay in contact with Steve and Jordan and your site?
Yes deffintly, but I dought that I will be moving anytime soon and I would hope that there was an SR site close by.
49.      If this blog was never created do you think we would be as close as we are now?
No deffintly not. Through this blog I realized just how big SR is and made some friends that I have not seen yet but hope to meet at MTR.
50.      What is your favorite part about the blog?
The stories and seeing other peoples comments and how people who I dont know seem to make my day. 
51.      What other activities/organizations are you involved in?
Student council, Cross country, Track, Basketball.
52.      What size drumsticks do you play with?
5A and I love them.
53.      What are the first three things you do when you get home from school/work/traveling?
Eat, if I have homework the homework, get on the blog and facebook and read the post and play games.
54.      Who do you choose from the Blog Followers to be the NEXT Member of the Week??
I think that I would like to pick Jovanna. I'm sorry that I don't know were you are from. It kind of makes me feel bad but now I'll get to find out.

39 comments:

  1. Drew- I'm glad I chose you. You have some great answers! Jovanna is from Minneapolis/St. Paul FYI. I can't wait to meet you and I have been hearing a lot about you through another member from your site! I love the new step as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it elizibeth? And I am really happy that I pick someone from Minneapolis. Those guys have done so much for us. Like new drums.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drew-My birthday is in march too!!!! mines March 8th and im going to be 16 also! LoL and I love you favorite color is lime green! Woot!! :D Man we have a lot in common. I would write it all but theres a lot. lol. thats awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drew- first i would like to say that just like dee we are alot alike ezcept i turn 16 in November but my favorite color is also neon/lime green :) its cool to get to know you better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drew-We did rock at that show. I was so impressed with us. I can't wait for the next practice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Drew-
    Wow, this is really crazy! Thanks for picking me! And I think you'll find out we have some things in common too one I send in my answers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drew-Yes, you guessed right it is Elizabeth. Come to think of it she and I haven't talked for a couple days now...SAD DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Drew- It's so cool to learn a little more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way cool to meet you, Drew. Hope you enjoy MTR!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Drew!!! I cant wait to meet you and your site at MTR! i think its tight that you helped to start the site in Faith! its sweet that you worked so hard for it!

    Both Kelli and Drew and soon to be Jovanna...Its sweet that you took all the time to fill this long beast out! I really don't want to have to do this! but I think its sweet that you all are excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It did take a while. I just did it. And guess who I chose as next member of the week, Tonia? *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*
    Haha, just kidding. You can rest in peace. I didn't chose anyone from our site.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha very nice Jovanna.
    Tonia-It does take a while, but really it's not that bad...at least I didn't think it was.

    ReplyDelete
  13. And, remember...it turned out to be a beast in length BECAUSE you all put together SO many great questions...be proud of yourselves! What a wealth of great info about our members!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Drew--Awesome to get to know you better. Glad to hear you were a big help in getting the site going. That takes a lot. I can't wait to see how the site keeps getting better and how many lives you will change. Sounds like you are a pretty awesome person!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Drew, great job in all the questions. Maybe one day we will meet you in person. It's great to hear about your committment to be a part of SR. Too many people talk badly about teenagers like yourself. Another reason to keep our message alive. SR members of all ages change the world every day and that makes me happy. Keep up the Faith and have a wonderful time at MTR.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the Member of the Week thing :) So great answers too Drew! I like basketball too! I'll be excited to read yours Jovanna haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Drew-I am glad to get to know you way better now. First of all, I like jumping up in the air really high(it is always a fun thing to do, don't know why, it just is!) Second of all, you are so well involved with SR and it's message which is awesome! Third, you like the color of lime green which is one of my favorite colors. And fourth of all, if you meant to put down Psych instead Psychic, awesome. Shawn and Gus are amazing! Woot!(Dee, Kelli, Jovanna, and everybody else that likes 'Woot!') If you like Psychic, that is still cool, and I would probably like that show. Anyways, hope to see you at Mount Rushmore, Drew.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I ment Psych Im a terrible speller

    ReplyDelete
  19. Drew- i dont really watch that show but i bet its good :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Woah, another March birthday. Mines March 24!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Drew, I feel like I have just had an entire conversation with you and now I know your life story, and you know about nothing about me. Haha, anyways I love some of your answers, because they sound like something I would say! Especially..."The Funk Beat. Because it is funky!", I completely agree and would probably say the same thing. Also, I enjoyed your analysis of the color lime green, it was quite entertaining. Finally, you already have brownie pioints for me, because you think the saxophone is cool! I play the saxophone. :]] I'll make you a deal...you teach me piano, and I'll teach you saxophone? Haha, anyways I think I will wrap this up now by saying I love this idea of memeber of the week, it is totally awesome! :]]

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, and I totally forgot to say that I am super excited to meet you at Mount Rushmore! :]]

    ReplyDelete
  23. Drew- I LOVE the color lime green!! It's my favorite!! Especially with hot pink!!

    Colleen- My birthday is in November too!! But I will be 19!

    ReplyDelete
  24. i sooooooo want to meat you at Mt.Rushmore

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good answers, Drew! You crack me up!!! I'm so glad that you guys were so persistent about getting a group together in Faith! It REALLY has changed my life. Larinda and I were talking to some people in church about it today and it totally could have been a promo video or something! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dani- what site are you from?

    Kristen- sweey what day!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Drew- I'm going to MTR so I get to meet you in person! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sonja- your going!!!!! thats awesome i think that i am going now but i have to sign up and talk to my site coordinator about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love seeing all of you talk to Drew on here via his answers. YAAY! DANI!! Great to see you here, double YAAY! (that is, if you are speaking to me after last practice...HAH!)

    I will get Jovanna's answers up this week...so look forward to that!

    MARCH is the best birthday month of course, since I am March 4th :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Steve- yes of course you know haha

    ReplyDelete
  31. Steve-I believe Dani is talking to you;) At least I didn't hear of any hard feelings on Sunday before, during, or after (Pizza Hut!!!)the show! So I think that is a double yay! But I must say...I think July is better! :O

    ReplyDelete
  32. Steve- I am going to have to agree with Kelli on this one..July is better (mine's the 8th). March is a close second though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yay David! Julys unite!!! (I'm the 3rd!!!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  34. Kristen- mines the 9th :) that is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Colleen- SWEET!!!

    Steve- So I get to see you the day before your birthday?!?!?!?! Awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Colleen-I'm from the Minneapolis/St. Paul site. :]] And yourself?

    Steve-.........haha, just kidding! :]] I can't possibly be mad at you, or not talk to you! :]] No hard feelings from last practice.

    By the way EVERYONE, April is the coolest month for a birthday! :]]

    ReplyDelete
  37. Dani- i am from the Warren, Ohio site!! :) sooo are you going to MTR as well? cause you know that would be majorly awesome :)

    ReplyDelete