Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Well...it IS your blog :)

Sorry all, no new question/topic/brainstorm today...I am running late trying to get all done at my house before hitting the road for the Sutherland show that is rescheduled for tonight due to the big storm 2 weekends ago...AND realizing that we had better finish a few things before we go further into new, exciting, deep-thoughts territory!

DEE...I am going to give you an assignment...aren't you happy!  I would like you to go back through all of the answers to the additional questions-idea for the Member of the Week thing and compile them into one email for me...and send it my way (Steve@sheltered-reality.org)...can you do that perhaps even by Friday morning for me?  Not sure how long that will take you...but if I had those by Friday morning, my next actual work time, then I could get that project cleaned up and ready to go for the weekend.

BEN...I have an assignment for you...go ahead and put together the questions you would like to see for a quarterly Site of the Quarter (or Site of the Month) blog...so we can start to work towards that.
KELLI...I have an assignment for you!  Have Mary send back to me my list of SPS questions because we are going to use those via the blog for sites that have not yet done that AND as a way to start to share bits and pieces of that...and I have found out those questions did NOT make it to my new computer :(

JOVANNA...I have an assignement for you!  The BOOK about SR...we are not quite sure how it will look, but it will be the entire 14 year history, the many stories about how we have changed the world, things that have worked, things that have not worked...all put together in a great package...that will include many pictures, press, etc...about us...and I will be wanting contributions from EVERYONE on here about this...(of course I will be helping on things about SR that happened before your times...you can not create what you did not live through!)...but guess what Ms. I Want To Be A Writer??  I would like you to be the final editor of the thing when it is done :)  How would that strike you as a way to help hone your writing skills (of course you want to do fiction and this will NOT be fiction, but still, it is writing a book!!!)

TOM...I have an assignment for you!  I love the idea of you guys starting a fun-online-story...where someone posts a sentence and then others post from there.  Guess who gets to start that?  YOU :)  Go ahead and decide how each person will know when it is their turn, decide what you want as a first sentence, and post it here...then we will let you all take turns (you decide how that needs to be done)...so that a nice little story is waiting for me say by the weekend?  Is that doable?

See, when I say the blog is about YOU guys...it IS :)  (and hey, when I am pressed for time, what better way for you all to work together then this way!!)

I will assignments for others to do too...but for now, let's start here.

Will look forward to Friday on this one!!

20 comments:

  1. Hello everyone-sure do enjoy reading the blogs and comments from all. Keep up the good work!

    Steve-sent you email hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. questions like the expectations to be site of the quarter or month?
    1.) Has your site gain any new members? If so how many?

    2.) Did your site master a new song?

    3.) Did your site do a special project for your site or for your local community? (ex. fundraising, visit shut-ins, make christmas cards)

    4.) Did you meet any goals set by Steve or Jordan?

    5.) Any other information on why your site should be the SR Site of the Month?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve... I'M SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!! :D WOOT!!
    and yes I'll get it done! I'll send it when I'm done!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve - I emailed you the SPS document!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve- OH MY GOSH! MY THOUGHTS CAN NOT BE CONTAINED BY WEAK LOWE-CASE LETTERS! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. MY HEART IS JUST HAMMERING...

    calm down...

    Ok, so I'm taking a fiction and poetry writing class this semester and guess what we're working on right now? Memiors! And guess what I've decided to write about? Yeah, you got it. SR!

    I would love to do that, but such a huge responsibility almost scares me. Are there any other writers out there? Do I get a c0-editor? A lifeline? Anything?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Assignment accepted. This assignment is for the chain story. Everyone gets to add to the story I will start on this stream later tonight. Once this stream starts, I will ask that non-story comments hold off until story ends (it ends when I say it ends, lol.) So here is how it will work. Read the story so far and add to it in a coherent fashion as if written by one person. It is OK to take it in interesting directions. That is half the fun to see where it ends up. But your addition has to make sense with what came before it. As far as how to take turns, I will leave it open. The only rule is that you cannot post a second comment(story addition) until at least 5 people post after your last addition. AND, if you post and someone beats you to the post such that your addition no longer makes sense, you have to delete your comment immediately (of course, you can re-do it in the new context if you like). I will take any questions you have before we start. Story starts midnight EST (or 9:00 Wednesday blog-time). Have fun with it. Can't wait to see your creativity at work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a suggestion to make, Tom. Instead of closing off other chat during the story, why not allow it to continue (if needed) as long as the commentor has something to add to the story and closes off their other comment someway. Either in double brackets or something.

    ((Like this.))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tom- Can't wait for the chain story thing! I promise to try my hardest to not digress from the story! Is it just going to be here, or on a separate post? Just curious as to where to look for it.

    I like Jovanna's idea. It would be easier for us to keep on track that way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tom- i agree with Jovanna and Sonja they have a very good point. and yes..will it put up on a new post or right up on this one?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jovanna I would like to help you. I like to write but I have a hard time commiting to one project i could be a lifeline for ideas if you needed them but I wouldn't bee able to take full participation. I don't know what to do but I would like to help in any way possible.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this looks like it is going to be fun, but it probably is a better idea to still let people write comments. The only problem with that is they might not read all of the comments before the post a comment and then not notice what they did and end up with a comment in the middle of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Drew- Steve says he wants EVERYONE'S help. You should write a small piece for it. Steve will probably want a lot of us to write about how SR has affected us or how we have been able to help others through SR. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sure we will do this again, but for this trial, the story will be within this chain. Ideally, and in the future, we will have a separate post chain dedicated to just the story. But for now, if contributing to the story, just start the post with ---story---.
    My only concern is that with other posts in the middle it will make it hard to follow, so let's try to limit it if we can.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ---story---
    WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES!
    I awoke this morning full of life, in great spirits and ready to take on the world. If I had any idea what the day had in store, I would have stayed in bed, but then again, I would have missed out on the most amazing outcome imaginable. I had breakfast, knowing of course, that it is the most important meal of the day. Good thing I did! On my way out, I almost abent-mindedly checked the mail. AND THERE IT WAS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tom,

    I am going to go ahead and move this to its own post...I think as I read the chains on here, we will have less confusion if I just take care of this today (I found a little time to get on today, can you tell!!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Mary! I didn't see this until after the getting home from Sutherland late last night. I was really out of it and didn't understand what was going on. So thank you very much for seeing it and doing it! See you on the 13th!
    Steve-let Jordan know that the picture I was supposed to bring yesterday is now in my cymbal bag so I will have it on the 13th for you two to identify!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amanda, sorry for the confusion. For the chain story, we are asking for your creativity to add on to a fictional story that everyone contributes to build. See the new post, follow the story so far, and feel free to jump in at any point and continue the story. There is no agenda or requirements in terms of where the story goes, and I expect some fun twist and turns as it builds, as long as the additions make sense with what came before it. Let me know if you have further questions on how the chain story works.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I will I just want to help in anyway i can. Lately SR is all i think about

    ReplyDelete
  19. Drew,

    I am glad that SR has touched you so deeply! We would love your help on the actual SR book once we get to that part of this multi-faceted blog thing...BOY...even I am trying to figure out which of the exciting new things we should work on next!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Steve! How's it going? Are you having a good time performing songs?

    ReplyDelete